Saturday, January 24, 2009

27.5km Coastal Route ECP

1 Day before CNY eve, we gathered together at ECP, not for "Yu Sheng" but a long slow distance training to event day. It is only 18th weeks to race day, but are we ready?

I was a bit late this morning, only able to start off the run at about 6:15am. haha. The gang together consisted of Fennel, Batz, Yankee, Stuck, Tao, Piglet and me. We started off at a slow pace, I think. We reached the first toilet and run off after a quick break of water. Running into the coastal route, we ran as a group, trying to keep everyone in the pack. I was trying to control the pace and kept asking Yankee with his trusted HP with GPS on our running speed.

7.5min/km was the average pace I wanted to keep. but somehow while reaching the first coastal route toilet, we began to pace faster. Tao and Piglet u turned early during the first part of the run. At the first toilet, I suggested to do alittle more to the 2nd toilet to make more mileages today. Running back to ECP, was not too much happening, I could see that the gang was pacing much faster, I just kept to the pace and run relax in the leg, while talking to batz along the way.

We managed to reorg at the fence area and continue to walk a little before running again. Before reaching ECP, Fennel treated us to a cold drinks bought at the seafood resturant. took a quick break, we continued to finish the distance.

Distance: 27.5km
U-turn pt at coastal route 2nd toilet
pace: 7.5min/km
Complete time: 3 hour 30mins.

No comments: