Monday, September 21, 2009

Life such an Ironic

What happen when you carbo load too much the night before a long run and you did not actually cover enough distance to justified the food last night? Simply damn myself.

3 bowl of curry, rice, 10pm sleep and I end up waking up 1 and 1/2 hour late for a long run. Pack and rushed off to the start point and not forgetting to scold myself in the meantime. I reached MR and of cos, the gang was far gone into the trail.

The Carpark was full and many are waiting, I make 2 rounds in the carpark and decided to go home and face the wall, when I am unable to find a space in the 3rd round. lucky, I found one. Started off the run at 9am. It was HOT and I think the humidity was above 120. I was sweating so much.. but I kinda like this, especially from the last bike ride, I was unable to perspire. 25mins out of the first halt, I slowed jog towards the ranger station, looking for the toilet.

After a quick break, I ran off towards the Ammo Dump, in the mind calculating the time and distance, where I should be able to meet the gang half way mark. 2.5km into the trail, the up and down slope, I got near the Ammo dump, I saw them! it was not difficult to spot them.. then I heard, "hey ninja training huh?" reorg with the gang again, we jog-walk back to ranger station and then back to the start point. 2hours for me and distance around 15km.

The leg was ok, not too sore, but I think the mental is weak. Hot weather will be expecting during the race, I think we should accustomed once or twice and try running at 10am.

nice Buffet with the gang after that, of cos, the accompany was always better than the food.

No comments: