Sunday, January 10, 2010

7 more weeks

I am counting down to the day i will attending langkawi eagle, one of the toughest IM according to the old birds. I am so not looking forward to it now. fitness not there yet.

this morning, only 2 got to ride. I guessed the rest must be tired after yesterday run. starting off at casurina, we started off at 5am sharp. make a quick stop over at shell station for a quick drink. I am counting my rest point and timing it as well. planned for tactic halt along the way, 5 mins per stop. Kranji- LCK, towards Jurong island (SPC). 10min tactic halt and some refilling. we press on.

towards the west coast highway, the SUN RISE was beautiful! it was a sight that often miss by other, I think it took some time away from me while admiring it. shenton way- a group of rider was chasing up, we took their draft towards ECP- coastal road. Make another stop over at the start of coastal road, toilet break. (Spotted Ninja training at mountbatten)who say he doesn`t train!

The last time I was drop badly at this point, this time, i making sure i wasn`t towards loyang shell. distance: 110km. time: 4hours+.

from this point onwards, it was more mental then physical. towards tampines- hougang ave 3- upper Thomson and finally back to casurina. distance: 137km. time: 5hour 45mins. a quick break, we press on again, towards mandai shell and bukit timah for lunch. distance: 160km: time: 6hour 45mins.

A good lunch of prawn noodle, we parted our ways home. no short cut for me, have ot go owards bukit timah, lorine road - thomson- home.

Reached home: 170km+ time: 7hour+.
other then some back ache, the leg still fresh.. thanks pal for the accompany!

We shall do more before our big day!

No comments: