Sunday, January 24, 2010

Heat Training 2

This heat training thing is really getting into me, I am enjoying it. insane? yes a bit ba. This morning, a ride towards changi nearly ended at geylang. I leave the house at 515am, took a slow ride towards changi jetty via geylang- ECP- coastal route- Changi village.

The car was out in full force in the morning, keep to the left of the road, I just spin easy. the cool wind in the face and the half sleeping brain, was abruptly woke up when i nearly felt into a deep pot hole. lose control for a moment, luckily, I managed to sit still and gain control fast. no punctual, heng har. 28km into the coast road, I had to stop a few time, to adjust the stupid speedo meter ( i am going to change it, i swear!)

630am, I reached and the gang arrvial shortly. Sera, Ben and Batz was 35+km from home. cool! tiger was 15km. Joanna, drove here, BOOO! took a quick breakfast, we went over to the ferry terminal,Freddy was waiting there. a smooth transaction, thanks ot Joanna, we set off towards Desaru.

Desaru, took a 18km towards the Renggit town, we met up with too kang and his brother. After some reorg, we started off towards Desaru round about. 60km 2 way back to renggit town. The start of the route, there was already head wind. had to keep the gear low and spin, head low and keep aero. 23- 25km/h. Moral was totally rock bottom as past experience told me that coming back will be worst! 1hour 30mins, I reached 30km turn about. freddy and too kang was 2km ahead, batz was 1 km back.

lower the head into aero position, literally looking at the floor, I keep spinning. 32- 35km/h average. I could feel tail wind, switch to the 53 and high gears, I was flying!.. yuppie! 50mins, i reached the town. what a good ride.

Lunch was always good with Joanna around! haha, Lobsters, fish, chickens and lot of drinks. we bidded goodbye with too kang and family, we continued towards the ferry terminal. 128km. after 45mins of boat ride and a nice ice kacang, courteous from batz, we continued back home, another 32km back. total distance: 160km, time: 6hour 15mins.

total for the weekend

Saturday
type: run
Distance: 20km
time: 2 hour 30mins.

Sunday
type: bike
Distance: 160km
Time: 6hour 15mins.

I am craving for more :P

No comments: