Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tribob Sprint Triathlon

Stupid weather forecast failed again! I thought the damn weather was supposed to rain, there wasn`t a drop of pee from the sky. Only some thunder when i am leaving the house at 630am to pick up Piglet

We were there early, went into prepare our transition, we went to the water and check the wave. It was calm, in my opinion. waited for a long time, before the race actual starts, meet up with the usual folks. This time, I decided to take the last wave of the race "Men Friendly". nothing in mind, just want to enjoyed the race and speed will decides on today`s form.

Swim
I was in the front of the pack this time, by the extreme right side. when the horn sounded, many run into the water. Hey isn`t it supposed to be the friendly wave? so competitive mah? no choice, i just followed loh. started off the swim, i was at the far right of the pack, my aim was not to be kicked today, then, immediately when i in the water, i got "kick" sigh~~ No choice, continued my stroke. I think I managed to kick some back and of course got kick back in the first 250m. After the turn, the crowd was more dispensed, the kicking was lesser. I managed to get some decent swimming front crawl and complete the swim leg in about 16m50+sec

Bike
Took my time in the transition, putting on my sock and shoes, Chen Ping called out to me, she just completed her swim. congratz her for not drowning :P we took our bike off to the start point. I quickly took a gel and ride off into the route. Today the head wind was small and the tail wind was strong. I was able to maintain a 32km/hour through-out the ride and a max of 38km/hour at some point. total 2 loops of coastal road, this i am familiar about.
Time: 32mins to complete.

Run
Took another long transition, took drink and pour the remining on my head, i started off the run, chen ping was not back yet. I could not found my leg for running today, so just cruising for the first 2km. on the way, saw jodan, atomic, eliza and licht. after the 2nd laps, the running form was back. I decided to give chased and see how far back i am, but was only able to catch up with Eliza towards about 300m to the finish line.
Time: 27mins.

ok la, not too bad for me today, I am satisfied on the swim and bike leg. especially, when i am able to catch the tail wind and spin at 38km on the return bike leg, give me some cheap thrills. haha. A easy work out on a sunday morning.

No comments: