Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finally Bike Time

After procrastination for 3 weeks, I finally got my bum off the bed at 4am this morning to prepare for bike. before even walking out of the door, I was still hesitating.

420am, I leave the house and ride into the wee hour of a Sunday morning when I should be sleeping. The road in my neighbour was empty as usual, nothing to see at the point and the weather was cold. Yes, Singapore at 4am, can be cold!

25mins, I reached Casurina and I was the first to reach. IronBoon reached just seconds after me, Micheal and KK were just mins behind us. There was no agenda for this morning ride, just clocked some distance and time on the bike. LT was a bit late today, but nevertheless, we set off just after 5am. The pace was acceptable, not too fast when we reached mandia shell station. I just want to drift them and hopping to keep up. A quick reorg, 4 of us continued, where LT own time own target.

I am not sure, but the body this morning was sweating more then usual. I notice that the body was feeling weak when we entered into LCK route. I am slowing down and drifting was even a chore for me. finally i am drop at the u turn point. 2 loops at LCK route and a quick break by the side. LT caught up with us at the break. The ride back to mandai was equally painful, I wasn`t able to keep up with the pace and had to let the "train" go. Reorg and a welcoming break at shell station, the trio decided to do another loop, where I am just glad to be able to struggle back to start point with a cold body. I think I might be sick.

Distance: 80km
average: 27km/hour.

my butt hurts. damn it, I am so unfit!

No comments: