Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planning to Fail

I am pretty sure at a moment of our life, we had come across a junction where we had to decide what is best. Time like these require us to make decision where facts and reality does not matter at all, as educated as we are, we based our decision on methodologies by weighing what good, bad and fair. at a "young" age of 33, I am not in the first time approaching this junction, this is a familiar ground for me. But even at this young age, things had become slightly more complicated with implication, I discovered that I am no longer a decision maker anymore.

I have a systematically opposite mind set, I planned to fail. I planned to resign every time i signed on a dotted line on a new job, I planned for failure when i approach a project, I planned to DNF when i run a race and I planned to die before my child would probably grow up, leaving my wife alone with them. In a plan analysis, I looked at strength as a possible weakness in the future and a current weakness as a possible strength. I realised that some people might said these thoughts are genius, while most might think i am weird. I think i am hardwired badly when i am borned. this is not funny.

Things got worst, I was impressed upon on the thought of "critical thinking" when I was shown the many sides of a "coin". Yes, coin, no bigger then a 50 cents. The thought of looking at the surface and behind them, some smart alec would look at the side, while a critical thinker would look beyond the coin. These critical thinking would some how lead to more analysis that would paralysis us even more, that we are unable to make a swift quick death decision like we always use to.

This get really frustrating when you tried "critical thinking" in ordering mee pok soup or dry with chillies or not. etc. etc. too much combination, too many choice. If there is only one choice in life, would there be any better? or did i just gave you a business inspiration?

so, question is, why think so much? sign, i knew age is catching up.

No comments: