Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Job Passion

Recently, i had the luxury of choice. Not voluntary, but by force. sometime circumstance does not permit us of purpose, but i still stand by the belief of "everyone can choose"

I tendered my registration before i got a job, which are quite taboo to many. This social prohibition in Singapore context, was viewed strongly by many, some said irresponsible. To a certain extend, I agreed. The first 3 days was horrible, and I actually got panic. I surprised myself. But things got a little better, when my first call up in an interview was thu and i was offered a job in "lighting" speed time. I surprised myself again.

I opted to stay off work for 2 weeks, as i could had start on the very next Monday or 2 week from then. my choice was pretty obvious. During these 2 weeks, I had numerous calls for interviewing opportunities, which some i had to downturn. Some application was an noticeable choice of desperation in finding a job in 3 days. I can choose again! I was impressed upon with someone who are able to find meaning which turn into passion in his work, he actually sells his work for a healthy profits. I do not have the luxury of finding this pleasure and I am not sure if i could find it now. I was ask many time, if i am passion about the job and I had to said "yes" and making up excuses "why". was I pressure by the expectation of our society?

I am a self made victim of our society pressure, in this environment trend, we are unable to find what we want, we were lead to it. From the industrial evolution to a service industrial now, we see the changes in education, training that mould the next generation. If you ever notice, government never talk about passion in work. Question is, were they allowed to choose? would we be a drifter, if we choose otherwise?

The facts are, most of us do not have the luxury. I am thinking thu my option again, maybe for a career change? Something I had to seriously balance between family, income and passion.

1 comment:

Jodan said...

Life is strange.
At times, you need to step away from your current job and realise if it is the job you want.

For me, it is trial and error, but I am happy to say that I like my current job. =)