Saturday, July 24, 2010

Training builds Character

During a recent Q&A session, I was asked "what best describe you?" I pondered for a while, trying to recap my adjective and vocabulary to answer a relative difficult question, at least to me.

I thought for a while, probably due to my limited adjective, I find it hard to answer sincerely. I just said, I am a "Long Distance Triathlete"

one look amused and another one look puzzled! I began to explain my answered and hopping to find a link to their question.

4 year ago, I am beginning to find an identity about myself thru long distance sports, before that, I like to describe myself as a person whom is determine but humble but I was never able to find a link to this adjective that convince myself, not to mention others. when I took up long distance sports and had being training for it, I beginned to find new meaning for the adjective : determine, hardworking, humble and competitive.

I explained why these words is important and meaningful to me, when i linked it with the training i went thu in these 4 years. There is the "ups and downs" in training session, especially when works, school and family required a certain balance.

The determination of changing into running gears after a hard day of works or waking up at 4.30am on the weekends for long run or rides, is something that i am proud of. I work hard for the races that i signed up, but due to circumstrance, that i might not compete the race, I am glad that I work for it and had not regret it. I am humble a couple of time on the distance that i had to complete during training or race, this experience does not come easy.

and finally, I am competitive against myself, I wished i can do better, faster and stronger in every training session or race.

of cos, thanks to my training buddies that makes the tough time goes slightly easier. tough time don`t last, only tough man does.

No comments: