Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work Life Balance

what do you think about this?

I was asked this question at the time 10pm, when most of us were hiding in our dorm bed. suddenly a call came and I was asked to make my way to the meeting room 100m away from my dorm. "The Boss wanted to see you" ok, I thought, If i have gotta into trouble, this must be the show down.

I dragged myself off the bed, put on 3 layers of clothes again and walked out of the dorm. it was just a nice 5 degree at this time. Making my way toward the lift and press down to the lobby, I was trying hard to think what had happen during the course of my work, where i had to be dragged down at this hour.

lift open, not expecting anyone there, I make my way almost 100m toward the next building. as I was mumbling my way and still couldn`t make the sense of this meeting, I saw a familiar back. "wolfgang". He turned back with much astonishment, I think he is as happy to see me, as i am to him. are you being called in too? I asked, yes and he reply he thought he was the only one since he was told that the boss wanted to see you, not us. Not long, we could make out another counterpart in the shadow and another one appeared from behind. 4 of us make our way toward the meeting room in the same clothes where we came back from dinner 2 hours ago.

it wasn`t long before everyone gathered in the room with bloodshot eye, mess hair but a relieve face. this was then, we realise that the boss just had took too much coffee and suddenly wanted some accompany in this cold chilling night.

fortunately, more coffee, tea and some snack was order from our "kind" mamasan, she tried to make everyone comfortable, this is apparently not the first time that the china and Hong Kong team had to endure when the big boss is here. Stories from the past and experience from different countries managers was share in this meeting. business alignment and force commitment was make, I am just glad I don`t have to shave my fore head and cut my finger for this brotherhood night.

It ended in just a nice 1am Saturday

Talk about work life balance. damn

No comments: