Thursday, December 25, 2008

Xmas 100km Bike Ride

This morning, started our bike ride at about 4:30am. Meeting place at the car park of casurina at lower pierce reservoir, the group consists of heeshen, wei kiat and me. As the two are aiming to do at least 150km today for coming IM langkawi, I only there to accompany.

Starting of the ride, we did a relaxing pace 25km/hour towards Ang Mo Kio via hougang towards Pasir ris and end at changi beach. The road was rather quiet, I think is because the party goers was either have not wake up yet, or have sleep yet. But i think, at 4:30am in the morning, not a soul would have wake up at this time.

We managed to reached changi beach at 6am and decided to do a loop toward ECP, before meeting up at ST and Tao at the changi beach CP 2. first loops was rather relax, no one chiong and we were keeping in a pack. U-turn and proceed back to the Changi beach cp, I managed to pick up the pace average 32- 35km/hour. There was not much head wind and the ride was smooth. Stop at the toilet to wait for the 2, i uncling my left shoe and leaving my right one chip on. When Heeshen ride passed me, he signed me to follow him. I try to turn right at a stationary position but forgotten that my right was still in clip. I fell for the first time. ouch!

We continued to do another loop with ST and Tao towards the ECP before the gang proceed to ECP Mac Donald for a breakfast break. After the break, our 2 langkawi hero continued to their 50km towards west coast and I proceed back home.

Distance: 100km
Average: 25km/hour
4hours
sore butt and a blooded knee cap.

4 comments:

weishan said...

Alamak!!! No wonder u sounded so shag.... hope the ride was a good one, and worth waking up for!
ps: it was really good to see/cycle with a familiar face, YOU, for that wee distance! :)

Burnz said...

yeah, this morning ride was good la. but long time did not ride, the butt is really sore now. haha.

hey, let do a long ride together leh. when??

weishan said...

onz! eh, after Goofy?

Burnz said...

yup... enjoy your disney marathon. remember to high 5 donald duck for me.