Sunday, August 30, 2009

Long life Rain

Saturday, due to a limping leg, I decided to call the gang at 3am and called it off. no choice, a force rest is needed for me to be able to go further.

This morning, I woke up at 330am again and I was not about to give up the ride today. I managed to reach casurina at 450am when the rest reached promptly before 5am. Today menu was 150km round island.

Riding toward Changi via hougang- tampines- Pari ris then changi. We are doing a average of 25km/hour. a comfortable morning ride, just to enough to wake up the body. A first tactical halt at Changi beach, we started off towards ECP B1. Riding up the coastal route, the pace was faster.

reorg the gang again at B1, we took a quick leak break before continuing to west coast via nicole highway- shenton way and west coast highway. Riding up the west coast highway, the pace was good and pretty fast in my opinion. 38km/hour on average.

second halt was breakfast time. 830am, we managed to cover 75km. a nice breakfast and while waiting for the rain to stop. And this wait was 2 1/2 hour wait. WTF. 11am, We need to move, and yes, we are wet. I could have ride back via bukit timah, but decided to clock a little more via mandai route and back thomson to home.

distance: 110km.
a nice cooling super wet ride. it was still raining heavy when i reached home.

No comments: